Tooltips :P

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Tooltips :P

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:15 pm

3 previously requested changes for tooltips will be coming in the next build (Resting Hamster 3):

1) Ability tooltips will now show range.

2) Character tooltips will now show HP and SP as numerical values.

3) Stat tooltips will give additional information about how the bonus compares to other enemies. The current theory is that when viewing a stat for an ally, it will compare to the last enemy you moused over. When viewing a stat for an enemy, it will compare to the last ally you moused over. In both cases, the default will be the player if for some reason the last enemy/ally doesn't work (i.e. they died or were unsummoned.) I'll test that out to see if it feels as intuitive as I'm hoping it does. If it doesn't, I'll just use the level of enemies on the floor and/or the player level or some such.

Screenshots coming soon. :P
Ferret

Re: Tooltips :P

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks a lot!
Sandman25

Re: Tooltips :P

Postby Ferret » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Screenshots will be on the blog soon. :P I was just going to post them here, but if I'm being bullied* into UI work, I can at least show it off more publicly. :P

* - I don't mean that. mostly. :P I mean, I don't enjoy UI work, but I do recognize the value of it. Demon got streamed by a fairly popular Twitch guy a couple of months back and there was considerable (and to me, shocking) praise of the UI. :P That probably wouldn't happen without you folks making suggestions on how to improve it. :D So, thanks. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions