Playable heroes

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Playable heroes

Postby mbj » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 am

I don't know if this was suggested before but it'd be cool to play as a hero instead of a summoner. No idea on how you should get resists/abilities, like if there should be different classes or what. Maybe you'd gain an ability relevant to your class/modifier at certain levels, like relic upgrades. Maybe you could play as one of the unique heroes. I always wanted to curbstomp the tower as blink-kiting Charliss, he's my hero :lol:
mbj

Re: Playable heroes

Postby Ferret » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:15 pm

This might be Demon's version of Felid or something, in terms of starting relics. :) Right now we basically just have Human, Elf, Orc, Dwarf type stuff there (different statistically, but they're all still playing by the same rules so to speak, as opposed to things like Felid, Vampire, Lava Orc etc. which go in weird directions.)

Not sure if the current hero rules would work as well for the player without some changes though. Heroes are meant to feel like bosses (a more lengthy, challenging encounter), so most of their advantages are defensive rather than offensive in nature. Hence, while you wouldn't face much threat of dying in typical encounters, you'd also find it takes a surprising amount of time to actually clear them out. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions