Monsters spawn floors sheet

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Monsters spawn floors sheet

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Is it possible to add a table like
Code: Select all
Monster     Abilities       Floors
------------------------------------
Faerie      Lucky Charm     1-3
            Healing Charm
            Luck Dodge
------------------------------------
Goblin      Low Profile     1-2
            Mob Cover
            Evasion
            Dash

to the game? I hope it is not hard provided all the data is already in the game. Maybe later you can even add a tooltip to every ability so new players can plan their character in advance.
I am trying a build which requires Mallable and I am worried that I have not seen any Slimes yet.
Sandman25

Re: Monsters spawn floors sheet

Postby Ferret » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Oof. :D I knew a harder one had to be coming. :D

So if I understand properly, what you want is a way to see what demons spawn where and with what abilities, and what those abilities do?

The data certainly exists in game: as with many things like this, the issue is needing to design and create a UI for showing it to the player and allowing them to use the information effectively.

Unless you meant literally just output a text file that contains the raw data, in a similar format to what you see in the record files now? That would be much easier, though you wouldn't really get in-game access to it.

By the by: If you capture Python in the Anomaly and have the Transpose Soul relic upgrade, you can use it to sacrifice him to gain Malleable. :D A bit of a high price to pay for it perhaps, but it would work. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry for spamming again :)

Yes, text file would be good enough, I understand this is a very low priority suggestion and it is a free game.
But in ideal world yes, it would be nice to see the info in the game, that's what I meant as "Maybe later you can even add a tooltip to every ability so new players can plan their character in advance.". Maybe I should have used "in several years" instead of "later" :)

Ferret wrote:By the by: If you capture Python in the Anomaly and have the Transpose Soul relic upgrade, you can use it to sacrifice him to gain Malleable. A bit of a high price to pay for it perhaps, but it would work

You see, you have just proved how useful the data can be... How would I know that there is "Python" and that it can give "Malleable" without similar tables? ;)
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Posting useful things is not spamming. :P It's been quiet around here for a bit anyway. :D

I'll do a text file for the first pass then, but probably not in the current build. We're already 5 weeks deep on this one, and still a fair bit to do to finish it. I always get overexcited when working on content and go too far in one leap. :(
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 pm

I think doing big releases is a good idea when there is only one developer who is a tester also.
Sandman25

Return to Feedback and Suggestions