Add message history, auto-travel, exclusions?

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Add message history, auto-travel, exclusions?

Postby mbj » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:11 am

If there is a message history button please let me know, it can help to be able to see what happened during past turns, especially if you just skip through all the messages really quickly like me. Also allow the history to be shown after death pls, and/or paste the message log from the player's last action until their death in the morgue file.

Also add targeted auto-travel by selecting a point on the map, and/or a run button that makes your character take steps until they encounter something (or hit a wall). That should help with making safe exploration much easier and faster (for example, you'll be less likely to fat finger your character three steps into that bmola pack). Related: add the ability to place exclusion areas on the map? Sometimes I encounter a summoner or hero who I want to avoid like the plague, but auto-explore keeps trying to make me explore back into them after I escape, forcing me to manually explore the rest of the map (which can lead to fat fingers).
mbj

Re: Add message history, auto-travel, exclusions?

Postby Ferret » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:18 pm

There currently isn't a way to read message log history, unfortunately. The message log in general is probably one of the most neglected things in the design at the moment. :P I'm pretty sure everyone largely skips through it like you do because it largely doesn't have anything important to say. :(

Putting some message history in record files should be easy enough though. :D

As for travel by click, auto-run, and exclusions... whew. :P That's lots of UI veggies to choke down. :D But, they are all reasonable suggestions. I'll add them to the list, but UI is one of those things I generally have to be in the mood for, so I don't want to promise them for specific builds. :P
Ferret

Re: Add message history, auto-travel, exclusions?

Postby Ferret » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Nibbling away at these. :) I have added message history to the log/report files, starting with the next build.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions