Damage and status effects

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Damage and status effects

Postby mbj » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:23 pm

I feel like my damage is excessively weaker now for some reason, even with all stats in magic, even on weak targets with low strength, and even with my +20% damage light/dark attacks on weak targets. It might be because I'm remembering my characters that had innocence on them, but I don't know. I also don't know the formulas for damage but I would think I should be doing more than 16 damage with a 70 power light dart and +85% magic bonus vs. shoggoth with +10% strength bonus; or does that sound about right?. At least snuff out still works ok.

Also, I seem to be getting debuffed excessively often as well. In one memorable situation, I was completely locked down by getting stunned several times in a row by shock darts from those electric foxes. I don't know the formula, but I'm assuming that I divide their cunning bonus by my vitality bonus, which gave something like +37% chance to land, on a base 10% chance, resulting in 14% chance to be stunned right? Or does vitality/cunning have a much larger effect than that?
mbj

Re: Damage and status effects

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:27 pm

I'd need to know the levels of the targets involved to know if 16 damage is right or not. I know Shoggoth's level, but what level were you at the time? If this was in the Anomaly where Shoggoths can be encountered quite early, it's worth remembering the bonus listed is versus the creature's current level: in the Anomaly, you'd likely be significantly lower level than the Shoggoth, so the bonuses listed might be off by a fair bit.

You basically have the math right on the Shock chance I think. That one was probably just really evil RNG behavior, since Kitsune usually aren't encountered in a situation where there will be a significant level difference to throw off the listed bonuses.
Ferret

Postby mbj » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:26 pm

I think I was level 15 or so, it was after anomaly. Shoggoth is 16 right? Anyway I'm just whining because my pure magic dude takes more damage and deals less damage than before (due to the strength changes), but it's not really a problem. Also the shoggoth might have been regenerating or getting healed but I didn't pay close attention
mbj

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Oh, yeah, at 15 x 16, bonuses would basically be as listed. Shoggoths do have auto-Regen below 50% and a life-steal attack, so they have a fair number of ways to recover HP even without outside help.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions