Alignments?

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Alignments?

Postby Gaswafers » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:30 am

Do you any plans to implement law/chaos, or make the flavor text of the relics connect to gameplay? Is the aim of Demon to let the player end up with any build from any start, or do you want relics to eventually be more than just starting kits?
Gaswafers

Re: Alignments?

Postby Ferret » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 am

Once upon a time, I actually did sort of kind of have alignments, they largely affected demon recruitment.

I hated it because it really messed with the build options in a way I did not appreciate. :P

At the end of the day, Demon's a combat and dungeon exploration (stop laughing, I know the level gen's crap at the moment*) game, and I'm keeping that forefront in my mind. I'm not opposed to some story/alignment elements be added, but a second swing at them would not be anything that had an effect on progression for example. That doesn't rule out things connected to the relics, it just means it won't be anything that limits what builds you can do while playing that relic, for example.

* - Seriously, I do know. :P But, there's only one of me, and it is one of a great many projects left to do :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions