Make revive and fuse cheaper, but restricted

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Make revive and fuse cheaper, but restricted

Postby Gaswafers » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 am

I believe that fusion and revival feel better as things to have "in stock", as opposed to something you sacrifice from other areas(ability learning) in order to have. My idea to bring this about, without going back to the old item system, is:
-There two types of currency.
-Type 1 currency can only be spent on ability learning.
-Type 2 currency can be spent on anything.
-Fusion and revival have their costs reduced in exchange for only being purchasable with type 2 currency.
-The total amount of currency dropped is reduced slightly, but the overall value(if you use fusion and revival) is potentially higher than before.
Gaswafers

Re: Make revive and fuse cheaper, but restricted

Postby geminimax » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:05 am

I agree that we need changes on fusing/restoring. With the reduced numbers of demons allowed by default and the high cost, fusing seldom looks like a appealing option.
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:42 am

This is probably going to be one of those cases where I agree with the problem, but want some time to noodle on it before committing to a solution. :) I do eventually figure out something though in most of these cases. :D Thanks for the feedback you two. :)
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 pm

geminimax wrote:With the reduced numbers of demons allowed by default and the high cost, fusing seldom looks like a appealing option.

This could be remedied slightly by allowing fusing "overflow" demons instead of just learning skills from them. I'm also wondering if it would be okay to be able to capture redundant demons for making fusions, but that could cause misunderstandings.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Hmm... I could lock you into doing Transmutations in general instead of only Copy Ability, for overflow cases. Lemme see if I can jigger the UI to do that without too many problems. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Huh, that was easier than I thought, I think. :P First "resting hamster" build will have the new "too many/duplicate demons" behavior of locking you into transmutations until you fix the problem, rather than locking you into delete demon. This will allow you to fuse demons, copy abilities, soul armor, whatever you want to fix the problem.

Note: Still not going to allow you to capture into duplicate demons though, as you said, it's likely to cause misunderstandings. :P
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions