UI Suggestions for Abilities

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

UI Suggestions for Abilities

Postby ayayaya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

These probably won't make it onto the upcoming build, but here are three quality of life changes that could improve gameplay.

1. As a player, when targeting enemies with an active ability with a %HP component (e.g. Snuff Out), indicate the enemies that are below the %HP threshold by adding a glowing effect to those enemies.
2. As a player, indicate when passive abilities with activation conditions (e.g. Mob Cover) are active by making the ability icons glow (by glow, I mean the glowing effect that appears on the inventory icon when you get a new item in your inventory). Or indicate when they aren't active by greying the ability icons out or putting X's over them.
3. As a player, when an ability comes off cooldown, make the ability icon glow.
ayayaya

Re: UI Suggestions for Abilities

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:45 pm

I think the glow should be customizable via options. I am sure I wouldn't like glowing every time I am adjacent to 2 enemies.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Heeeeey. This isn't a bug! :P

It is definitely too late for this build. :D My brain's too fried to give these a fair hearing at the moment, but I will come back to this and reply more usefully after the build.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:26 pm

To add to this, an indicator that the player or a friendly demon could BE targeted by an instakill could be useful as well. A little bit of mental math and manually checking enemy Snuff Out cooldowns isn't the end of the world but I've been surprised by Chindi more than once.
wizzzargh

Return to Feedback and Suggestions