New items to invert resists

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

New items to invert resists

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Inspired by
Gaswafers wrote:The crown abilities address one of the issues with fighter summoners(managing demons in combat), but there's another issue: if your fighter demons are not well suited to the opponents, you can use a different one. If your summoner isn't well suited, he can't be swapped out. Am I just overestimating this problem though?

The new item (inversion stone) can invert resists of you or an allied demon temporarily. For example, if you have immunity to fire, resistance to ice and weakness to electro, you get weakness to both fire and ice and resistance to electro. It should be a very rare item of course.

Inversion gem might affect all your party.
Sandman25

Re: New items to invert resists

Postby wizzzargh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:47 am

I seem to remember something about there being distant future plans for Glyphs or something that would exist as a floor interactables to permanently modify demons?

Well a 'Circle of Reversal' like the reversal item described could be a neat trick to use on a demon.

Also possible- Glyph of Scarring that adds the appropriately-keyed weakness to a demon. Only benefit is that you get more HP from the demon having more weaknesses.
wizzzargh

Re: New items to invert resists

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:02 pm

:( Bad me. I usually try to reply to pretty much every new thread at least once, but I apparently missed/forget this one for... half a year? :( Yuck.

Glyphs are more like "equipment" than anything else though: you can't really use them on enemies directly in the current design. When a Glyph is present on a floor, some enemies on that floor will have used them (if it is to their advantage, of course.) But yeah, it isn't something I planned on you being able to inflict on enemies... although... that might make an interesting Relic Upgrade. :)
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions