Payback for deleting a demon

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Payback for deleting a demon

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:28 pm

After losing 0 demons and deleting 7 demons to get a free slot I realized what makes me unhappy (yes, again :-)): good play is not rewarded, I could lose those 7 demons in fights and still have the same party. That's especially painful for demons who require items to be hired (Faerie, for example).

So how about giving some currency for deleting a demon? It can depend on number of levels the demon got while in the party, thus it would not help much if you hired a demon, copied its ability and disbanded right in next fight. Alternatively when deleting a demon because you already have 9 demons, the recently hired demon might get a free use of "Copy Ability" from the about to be deleted demon. The latter approach is probably better because this way you still cannot copy anything to you or your old demons so linking/disbanding farming does not make your party stronger.
Example: You had 8 demons, then hired Ogre so you have to delete someone. If you delete Gandayah, you can copy one Gandayah ability to Ogre for free.
Sandman25

Re: Payback for deleting a demon

Postby Ferret » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Funny enough, this is a thing that will exist in some form next build... well, if you have the proper Relic Upgrades. :)

Consume will restore HP and SP when you delete demons, and Recycle will, almost exactly as requested, give you credits. :D In Consume's case, it is worth noting Delete Demon is a free action, making this a *very* nice backup heal in emergencies.

Both can trigger at once if you have both, and both, also as suggested, function based on the number of levels the demon gained since joining, though you will see at least minimal returns even when the demon is new.

The Hand of the Dead, as it turns out, will begin with both Consume and Recycle, so you'll be able to try these out right away if you wish. Here's what the Delete interface looks like once you have both:

Note: These abilities only trigger with Delete Demon and with negotiation options that specifically say delete. :P They do not trigger from fusing, death, or sacrifices.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Oh, I read the relic upgrades description but somehow forgot about the features... Ok, it means I will play Hand of the Dead only :)
Thank you.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Upgrades aren't necessarily exclusive to relics which start with them. :D

Besides, it's a bit less direct, but other upgrades can make good use of demons too by means other than deletion. :D Soul Armor can convert them into resistance/speed/HP modifiers for the summoner, and Transpose Soul can convert them into new abilities. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:36 am

Very nice, thank you.
Sandman25

Return to Feedback and Suggestions