Allow more keyboard input

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Allow more keyboard input

Postby mbj » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:24 pm

I've noticed a lot of information can only be displayed via mouse input.

- It seems the only apparent way to view an ability's description is to hover the mouse over it. A little information box pops up in the bottom right corner with the description, whether you're selecting an ability to copy, deleting an ability, viewing a demon's description, or just selecting an ability to use with the mouse. An easy way to fix this is to have that information box pop up when you select that ability; deletion (and copying?) requires a confirmation after selecting the ability so the info should still pop up in time, and it could be nice to see the ability info before you use it on an enemy.

- During character creation, you can't view ability descriptions without the mouse. You also can't view the starter demons' descriptions without right clicking.

-E[x]amine doesn't work on items on ground, nor does it show the mini info box (with name/resists/level) for demons. Moving the e[x]amine cursor around should show the same info box on the bottom right as the mouse cursor would do.

-You can't see what % bonuses your current stats give without hovering.

- You can't see what a modifier does without using the mouse, nor can you see the possible bonus abilities without right-clicking. I just checked this right now, and there *are* letters associated with each of the possible abilities. Pressing the associated letter should display the info box at the bottom right; right now pressing the letter just closes the window.

Please allow more keyboard input!
mbj

Re: Allow more keyboard input

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:56 pm

These are good ideas/suggestions. :) I will add them to the UI bucket. :D Timelines on when they will show up in builds will probably vary, but they are on the list.
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions