Max HP stuff

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Max HP stuff

Postby mbj » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:30 am

One thing that really pushes my buttons is when you're pumping vitality on each level up, and you level up while your max HP is drained, the current max HP is increased but not the base max HP. This forces you to choose other stats lest you waste your points. Around the midgame when you're running into tons of akatekos, if you're a melee character you'll be perpetually drained of max HP (yes I know you can safely destroy packs at a distance by linking with each hand one at a time but I still end up with drained max HP somehow, also that feels pretty cheesy anyway) and you'll not be able to make full use of vitality on the level up. I don't know whether this is intended or just an oversight but this has been around for a while and it's just so annoying.

---

In the 5/3 build, I've noticed that certain enemies without max HP stealing abilities will spawn with bonus max HP, this is an intended feature since their negotiation demands might include taking some max HP right?

But then that means they should either be a minion, or if it was a failed negotiation and they killed the summoner, they most likely would've lost that max HP from the negotiation during the fight. I dunno it just seems weird because it isn't obvious as to how they got that max HP.
mbj

Re: Max HP stuff

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:18 am

Ack! No! What a terrible UI bug! :(

Your base max HP *is* being increased... but the UI shows it as applying, improperly, to your reduced total. Gah! Sorry about that, I'll fix that for the Relic Upgrades build. Thanks for letting me know!

As for the 5/3 build, you're correct that critters that can only steal MaxHP through negotiation do generate with bonus max HP. However, if this is the only way they have to get bonus max HP, the amount is considerably less than if they have actual abilities, for the reasons you state.

Here's the full details, if you're curious:

Has maxHP drain abilities: +12-25% bonus
Has negotiation drain abilities: +6-12% bonus
Is unique: x1.5 previous bonuses

(Note: drain abilities + negotiation bonuses stack if a demon has both. The maximum bonus total is 50%, which is only possible if a demon has both maxHP draining and negotiation draining *and* is unique *and* rolls really well on the checks... it would need to come up with 34% or better out of 18-37%.)
Ferret

Postby mbj » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:38 am

Oh I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the details
mbj

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:25 pm

This is now fixed, and will be in the Relic Upgrade build. :) Thanks again for the report, and I apologize again. This is/was a particularly nasty case of a UI telling horrible lies to people. :(
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions