Make Transformations cost depend on floor instead of XL

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Re: Make Transformations cost depend on floor instead of XL

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Will it be implemented or have you changed your mind?
Yesterday I picked up some currency and instantly got noticed by some enemies so I forgot to check whether I have enough currency to copy an ability, also I didn't know how much time it takes. After killing one of those monsters my Gandayah got a level and copy ability became more expensive :(
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:59 pm

I hadn't decided one way or another on this yet. :P I haven't forgotten about it though. :) Just very busy with this current build, it is quite the beast in terms of the amount of stuff in it. :D After Relic Upgrades will be a good time to go back and poke at things like this. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Ok, thank you.
Sandman25

Postby ayayaya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Transformation costs could scale with experience earned so the cost of fusing a level 11.5 demon is halfway between the costs of level 11.0 and 12.0 demons.
ayayaya

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 pm

That would still mean I need to check my currency after picking up every pile.
Sandman25

Postby ayayaya » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:01 am

You're right. Doing it by floor seems the way to go.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:37 pm

I think I figured out an answer to this I like, just took me awhile. :P

I think I might change most of these things to be based off the *starting* level of the target, rather than the current level. The exception would be for the player, who would still use current level, but that is a relatively small number of Transmutations.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:33 am

These changes will be in the first "resting hamster" build: generally speaking, if a transmutation benefits a demon, its cost is calculated based on that demon's starting level, not its current one.

Affected transmutations are:
Copy Ability (unless summoner is the target)
Fuse Demon
Restore Demon
Revelation

Unaffected transmutations are:
Copy Ability (if summoner is the target)
Transpose Soul
Soul Armor

Additionally, Fuse Demons has been made 25% cheaper to begin with, but Revelation was increased in price by 50%. So, Fuse Demons will be *significantly* cheaper than it is at the moment, especially on demons who've leveled a bit. Revelation will be more expensive... but this can be offset by letting the demon level more before using it.

So why am I not worried people may keep the same demons forever? :P Well, remember, demons start to level slower the further they get from their starting level. A demon that began at Level 1 will find going from, say, 13 to 14, a much more challenging climb than a demon that started at Level 13 would. Notably, the penalties are relatively mild until +10 from starting level, but start to get nastier after that.

Also, a final pair of notes related to enemy summoners: starting level refers to what level that demon would be if it spawned in the wild: demons owned by enemy summoners that are higher level do not consider that higher level to be their starting level. And, these pricing changes have been factored in for summoners too: you will generally see them having used Copy Ability and Fuse Demon more often (and Revelation a bit less.)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Ferret wrote:So why am I not worried people may keep the same demons forever? :P Well, remember, demons start to level slower the further they get from their starting level. A demon that began at Level 1 will find going from, say, 13 to 14, a much more challenging climb than a demon that started at Level 13 would. Notably, the penalties are relatively mild until +10 from starting level, but start to get nastier after that.

Isn't it spoilery? I think it can be a good idea to display "level up speed" for demons somewhere. Something like "This demon takes 150% XP to level up currently".
Thank you for the change.
Sandman25

Previous

Return to Feedback and Suggestions