AI on debuffs

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

AI on debuffs

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:10 pm

AI so far is very impressive I must say! Could of course always be better and here is a suggestion.

When there is a horde of enemies (4+ i guess?) spells such as hex and weigh sin seemed to be spammed too much especially hex since it doesn't last very long and is hard to land. Maybe tweak AI so that once one or two enemies is affected it stops trying to debuff?

Don't think I've seen AI do this but also preventing debuffing a low hp enemy would be good. This may already be there it seems to me.
LuckyLuckLuc

Re: AI on debuffs

Postby Ferret » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Thanks. :D The AI definitely has a ways to go, but I confess I'm happy with its progress at least, even though I acknowledge it's far from done yet. :D

Hmm... if this is happening with Weigh Sin, it should only be getting used on multiple targets if someone in your party has area effect damage spells *or* if the targets have already been damaged, which implies they'll be attacked again and thus should be Guilted. (Area-effect attacks versus multiple Guilty targets are quite nice!) Otherwise, it should only happen if the caster has pretty much nothing else to do (Guilt is fairly cheap, easy to land, and lasts a fairly long time, so it's okay for it to be applied early usually, if there's nothing better to do.) Do you remember if you had any area effect damage in your party when the Weigh Sin bit was happening?

Hex on the other hand may need some work. In general, the AI seems a little too jump the gunnish with short-term powerful debuffs like Hex, Stun, etc. often using them before the target is actually a threat and/or before allies can capitalize properly. I'll add a note to tweak their AI a bit for the next build. :D

Your observation is generally correct, by the way: most debuffs become low or at least lower priority for a target near death. :) There are a few that stay relatively high (Stun, for example, since even a low HP demon can cause trouble until it's actually dead), but for the most part, the AI won't spend much on debuffing badly damaged targets unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. :) This is good stuff. :D
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions