Optimization on defense recruitment

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Optimization on defense recruitment

Postby geminimax » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:03 pm

While most of the game is very smooth, ignoring a few rare slowdowns, i experience extreme lag on defense recruitments.

I do am playing the game on a toaster, but i believe this part of the game could use some optimization.
geminimax

Re: Optimization on defense recruitment

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:25 am

I can give it a shot, but the problem is largely because most defense recruitments involve large numbers of units in active combat. AI gets expensive for critters in combat. :) I can see about maybe making minions use a more reduced AI since they rarely (individually) contribute much to combat anyway, but there may be limits on how much I can do here.

How toastery of a toaster are we talking anyway?
Ferret

Postby Shadowdweller » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:04 pm

I don't -quite- play on a toaster. But I've noticed huge slowdowns in the most recent build on some of the defense recruitment missions. I think it's somehow related to the Leadership ability.
Shadowdweller

Postby Ferret » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Hmm... I... can actually see where that may have happened. Leadership is a bit tricky in that properly evaluating it means asking AIs to tell you what they plan to do if they were to magically get another turn.

Of course, when there's a ton of minions around... that can be difficult.

Fix here will be slightly different, I think. I'll think of something though, thanks for the additional info. :)
Ferret

Return to Feedback and Suggestions