Inactive demon slots

Have feedback or suggestions for Demon? Talk about it here!

Inactive demon slots

Postby Gaswafers » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:45 pm

The stable could have slots that you can't summon demons from, but you could swap demons out of these slots. Doing this, however, sets the demon's HP to 1 and its SP to 0, so you can't use them right away(outside of cheeky strategies). There are a few variables for implementing this:
-How many inactive slots does the player start with, and will the number of active slots be reduced to compensate?
-Will there be upgrades that add more inactive slots, or perhaps the current capacity ups will add them as a bonus?
-Do enemy summoners turn into even more oversized experience pinatas?
Gaswafers

Re: Inactive demon slots

Postby mbj » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:54 am

I can smell the quick summon/desummon + refresh + Twilight shenanigans already 8-)
mbj

Postby Ferret » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:49 pm

:D Pick up Restore Saver and your coffin is sort of like this, no? :D

Kidding about one of the more boring relic upgrades aside, this one might cause some trouble. It's a pretty big design change to allow summoners access to something like the Pokemon PC. The stable size limit is supposed to be a bit tight, on all fronts: combat, Copy Ability potential, Fuse Demons potential, resistance management, etc. The only thing on that list inactive slots wouldn't tweak significantly would be combat. Combat's probably the most important thing on that list, but it's not the only important thing on that list.

Granted, that assumes you mean for X active + Y inactive slots to be greater in number than the current X active slots. :P If you meant for X+Y to instead be less than or equal to the current number of active slots... eeee. :D This game's mean enough already, at least until you get to know it. :)
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:30 pm

For preserving the current balance, I was thinking something like starting with 5 active slots + 2 inactive slots.
Gaswafers

Postby mbj » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 am

Oh god please don't remove even more active demon slots. I'm still recovering from the 8 slot -> 6 slot change after relic upgrades came. I can imagine running into a group with an attack type that only your inactive demon(s) are resistant/not weak to, then having to use your weak demons as decoys to run away, then swap your inactive slot demons with the active slot demons, then having to rest up and then finally re-engage. :shock:
mbj

Postby Gaswafers » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Here's a better way to do it that should have been obvious to me: You can only rotate full HP/SP demons from normal slots into cold slots, and things are automatically shifted around for you when summoning from cold slots.
Gaswafers

Return to Feedback and Suggestions