Mask wraith softlock

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Mask wraith softlock

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:57 pm

I searched a corpse and mask wraith spawned
And then I couldn't do anything: couldn't move (with mouse or kb), couldn't check inventory, etc. I could hover over demons with mouse though (but couldn't rightclick on them for more details). I closed and reopened the game and wraith disappeared.
oneeyedjoe

Re: Mask wraith softlock

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Eeek. :( I wish I knew which one that was, but with a soft lock like that there's no way of knowing it. :( At least the problem mostly resolved itself. I'll go through the wraith spawning code and make sure it isn't missing any armor on bad data... though, actually.. there may not be *that* many Tower:7 mask wraiths in the current data set. That might help me narrow it down a bit. :D

Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm

From my knolage of programming in general, something prevented it from spawning it's demons. It's possible that it somehow coudn't find any demons or got cuaght in an infinete cycle. Sadly, I can't be sure of what exactly caused it.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:20 am

Found the busted ghost... there were only 2 Tower:7 mask ghosts to pick from. Investigating now. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:35 am

Interesting.. he ended up with 7 demons in stable, but only 6 slots... how can this be?
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 am

Oh bloody... no way.

He must have died right after a recruitment that put him over the discard limit... but before he was forced to discard.

Wow. That's... well, it's definitely a bug.

I'll fix this in the next build: for now I'm just going to delete that particular ghost. Even after I fix the bug there's no saving that one. Thank you very much for the report!
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports