Riposte can miss stunned targets

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Code: Select all
 You parry the abatwa's attack!
 You slam the abatwa.
 The abatwa is stunned!
 You feel refreshed. You riposte.
 You miss the abatwa.

As you can see I have heavy guard and riposte for maximum synergy with parry. Because I don't have crazy high agility riposte sometime misses. I was hoping that stun from heavy guard would help a little bit but apparently not.
It was regular abatwa without any dodge passives or anything, but I think it had evasion up from fairie's healing charm.
oneeyedjoe

Re: Riposte can miss stunned targets

Postby Ferret » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:33 pm

A bug... but a weird one.

The problem in this case is that Heavy Guard and Riposte happened at the same exact time, so the abatwa technically was not stunned yet. But of course, the message log has to report them in *some* kind of order, soo...

I'll see if I can find a non-horrible way to resolve this, but I confess I'm hesitant to muck around with timing and event handling too much for a pretty rare bug. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the report though: this bug's going in a bucket. If that bucket fills up with enough timing/event handling bugs, I'll eventually have to address it. :D But yeah, unless I see something simple I can do, might have to let this one ride for a bit.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports