Mousover Strangeness

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Mousover Strangeness

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:49 am

Really bizarre bug where mousing over and rightclicking enemies just shows me my own allies. Restarting did not resolve the issue... want a save file?
wizzzargh

Re: Mousover Strangeness

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:51 am

What the holy... yes, absolutely on the save file, and thank you!
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:52 am

Wait, this isn't as scary or weird as I think- enemies high on the top side of the screen are overlapping with my 3 summoned demon roster and my roster is taking precedence.

Still want the save file or is is this mystery solved?
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:57 am

Ah! That I might have a clue about... I had to jigger with the collision boxes on the party status UI when I was adding the status icons. It's possible I messed it up in general, and/or did so with the resolution Demon's running at for you.

Still needs fixing, but is far less intimidatingly weird. :D Can you hit F5 in game and tell me what resolution it says it's running at? (Even a save file won't give me this, since it'll immediately switch to my computer's resolution :P ) Thanks again!
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:05 am

1080x720
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:19 am

Yeah, that's not the one Demon wants, it's one of the ones it takes if it can't have what it wants. I try to test all three resolutions, but it's definitely one of those areas where things will slip by sometimes. I'll see about it getting it fixed for the upcoming non-critical bug fix build.

In the meantime (probably only 1-2 days), though it is annoying, the examine keyboard command should still work for monsters in the bad part of the screen, I think?
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:36 am

finally got around to trying out the 'x' examine, that's overriden as well
but walking closer solves it so, hardly gamebreaking. And it sounds like I could fix it with fullscreen too.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 pm

'x' is busted? Even if you use the keyboard to move the cursor? Creepy! ...but that might make sense, it's been so long since I dug into the code for that in specific that I don't recall exactly how it works. :D

Full screen mode unfortunately won't help you: Demon always use the same resolution for both. :(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 pm

::mutter:: In your resolution, there remains 1 cell you can't mouseover even after absolutely minimizing the party display. In the smallest one, there are 2 cells. At this point I'd have to get rid of a column from the display (maybe Level?) and/or reduce the number of status icons from 4 to 3... going to wrestle with it a bit more.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Alright, I got it pretty much there. It took some doing though, and I'm not sure how happy you'll be about names being truncated to 8 in the party display at your resolution, but it was pretty much the least vital thing I could cut there at this point. :( At least you still get 4 status icons; the smallest resolution doesn't even get that :P
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports