Demon.exe is not responding

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Demon.exe is not responding

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:01 am

Whenever I try to rest game stops responding. When I load save file it throws me some turns back before crash happened. Happens pretty consistently in sanctums, first Arcadia and now in Ccoa's. Can it be because I copied save files from previous versions? (I just didn't want to lose my codex progress and was too lazy to copy only codex file so I copied entire folder).
Sent save files to ferretdev.org@gmail.com
Edit: ok it happens randomly and not only when I rest. First time it was happening during Actaeon link when I was trying to rest in between hound waves, second time - when I tried to rest after catching Ccoa. But then it happened during a random encounter.
oneeyedjoe

Re: Demon.exe is not responding

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 am

Ah, yes, save file compatibility between versions is not officially supported. Sometimes it works, but it is not assured. :(

I will look at the save file in the morning and see if I can do anything to fix it, and to make sure it IS because of the save files being from a previous version.

Apologies for the trouble! :(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 am

Took a quick peek tonight because I don't like "stopped responding" bugs, but so far no repro on it, cleared Ccoa's Sanctum and rested plenty, but nothing funny happened.

I did have to spoof a Messages file though; the Save folder you sent didn't include one, though I seriously doubt that is the problem.

I'll investigate further in the morning, though it might help to get your complete Save and Record directories (the .7z didn't include Record at all, though that isn't required to load the save, there is a tiny chance it may be the problem?)

In the meantime, could you start a fresh play and see if this happens in "all new data" game too? Thanks!
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:15 am

Sent full folder with old saves. Started a new run without old saves files and again game stopped responding in Arcadia, during Actaeon link. I think there might be a pattern here.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Ah ha! Well, I got it to happen with that new save file! :D Looking into it now!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Dear God am I really that dumb? Apparently I am! I'm surprised this code worked at all. :P 6/25 build with a fix coming shortly!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:31 pm

I was uh... sort of forgetting to clear the data out for pacifist movement evaluation between turns. This got extra interesting in cases like Actaeon where their ability set can bounce between pacifist and not, causing them to keep trying to do their last pacifist movement over and over again. Of course, that fails, so they try again... with the same old data hanging around... so it fails... so they try again... and... yuck.

Thank you so much for the help with the save files. :) This was a case where they were *very* helpful indeed. :D Cheers!
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Hm, so I was crashing not only in Arcadia probably because I was carrying around Dryad with me, who has both pacifistic and attack abilities
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. :) Like Actaeon, Dryad's status can flip between pacifist and non-pacifist, since her attack ability has a cooldown. :D (If you only have attack abilities w/ cooldowns, you get flagged pacifist while they're cooling down so you don't pointlessly advance. :D )
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Houston, we have a problem... When summoner gets shocked, game softlocks. I failed Ccoa link and my party got shocked aaand nothing happens after that. Game hasn't crashed, time just stopped and I can't do anything. Reloading brings me back 1 turn, right before I fail the link.
Sending files in a bit
oneeyedjoe

Next

Return to Bug Reports