Goad can't target enemies from "sleepy" corpse encounter

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Goad can't target enemies from "sleepy" corpse encounter

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 am

Even after 2 turns of them sleeping I couldn't use Goad. Of course waking up 6 demons that surround you isn't the best idea but hey, it still should work.
oneeyedjoe

Re: Goad can't target enemies from "sleepy" corpse encounter

Postby RolaRoul » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:06 pm

The same thing happens with Emit Sparks; it'll never target a sleeping enemy.
RolaRoul

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Two slightly different bugs here. :D One is an easy fix, the other is "interesting" :)

The Goad one is the easy fix: monsters spawn with a "null" last action, which doesn't meet the requirements for anything that checks a monster's last action. I just need to have monsters spawn with a last action.

The Emit Sparks/Discharge one is the "interesting" one. Currently those abilities specifically avoid Sleeping targets, which *generally* makes them better: it would probably be frustrating to put a target to Sleep only to have Emit Sparks/Discharge randomly zap them out of it... or to have your AI allies stop using it out of fear of doing the same.

That said, it might be the more expected behavior for them to be able to hit Sleeping targets, even if this is a net negative... hmm. I'll think about that one. :D

Thanks for the reports. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Goad bug is fixed: A monster's action can never be null, now it will always be Basic Pass in cases where it would have previously been null. As a result: http://i.imgur.com/Ez3BUyu.png

Still deciding what to do w/ Emit Sparks and Discharge, but I'm leaning towards having them be able to hit sleepy targets, since that's more intuitive, even if it does make them slightly less good to use around sleeping enemies... though given the recent rowring surrounding them, maybe that's not a bad thing. :P
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:13 pm

I've decided to have Emit Sparks and Discharge be a bit less discerning in targets. As a result, they can now hit sleeping and/or Immune enemies. Note that this will tend to discourage their use by the AI when these conditions are present, especially in the case of Sleeping targets since breaking Sleep is considered a "no no" to the AI.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

Somewhat related bug with punish: Dryad was able to use it on demon whom I just summoned. I guess his last action from previous encounter was a damaging ability so it carried over.
Code: Select all
 Using Summon...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon Actaeon!
 The dryad punishes Actaeon.
 It's super effective!
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Whoopsie. :) I'll fix this in the upcoming build. :) Thanks!
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports