Afflicter passive doesn't work

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Afflicter passive doesn't work

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 am

It supposed to give 5 SP for every mind, body, dark, light or debuff status effect you apply but it simply doesn't work (animation still plays though). I had fatewarper yuki-onna with afflicter who used haunt (-25 SP), pink whisper (-25 SP) and vitiate (-30 SP) and she had only 20 SP left by the end of the turn. So no SP recovery from applying charm, def and evd down.

And quick question - if afflicter was working properly, would it make things like vile dance, poison host or any AoE debuffs basically free or would it only restore 5 SP?
oneeyedjoe

Re: Afflicter passive doesn't work

Postby Ferret » Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 pm

:( I'm gonna need a save file for this one unfortunately, as I can't get a repro of it: those abilities work as expected for me: Afflicter recovers SP as expected.

And yes, it triggers per target. If you have good cunning, it can make AE status effect abilities much, much cheaper to use.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon May 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Sadly that run is already over and dungeon.xml is gone. Will tower.xml files be sufficient? Well I sent them on ferretdev.org@gmail.com just in case.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Hmm.. still haven't gotten the files, though unfortunately, the data recovery process for a dead save game is probably too invasive to work anyway for reproducing a bug. :( I appreciate the thought regardless, if it happens again and you get a living save file, let me know. :D Thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Oh, there the files are. Well, at least I was able to get them, but yeah, dead save files're pretty limited use for this unfortunately. :(
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Ok this time when I got my hands on a debuffer with afflicter it worked like a charm. Not sure what was the deal with previous one. Probably should've given you more details on that. It happened during a corpse encounter. I just got that fatewarper yuki-onna and was eager to test it in combat. She used all those abilities that I described earlier on Ikiryo who spawned from the corpse. Also I linked with regular yuki-onna from that same corpse just to recycle her later for credits. But when I noticed that my debuffer wasn't regaining any SP I put her in the pocket and never summoned again. Oh and I got afflicter on her via revelation.
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 am

Code: Select all
 The civatateo gestures at you.
 You slow down!
 Baphomet inspires your unicorn.
 Your unicorn leaps into action!

Gottem! Sent save files as well.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm

ugh, bad me. I found it.

Since nothing actually resists Debuffs, I was lazy and did not actually set the resistance type of some Debuff effects to Debuff type.

Of course, other Herbie forgot that and was blithely checking that to see if Afflicter should apply... arooo.

Fixed in next build, and I'll check the rest too.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports