Zaltys recruitment

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Zaltys recruitment

Postby RolaRoul » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Whenever I negotiate with a Zaltys, it always joins me at 2 approval, even though the game says I need 3 approval.
RolaRoul

Re: Zaltys recruitment

Postby Ferret » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Not a bug... though it may need to be better explained in game. :)

Essentially, negotiation is handled by making draws from a deck of requests. A request is drawn, you deal with it, another is drawn, you deal with that, etc. until you either meet the Approval required or the demon runs out of Patience.

...but what happens if the deck just runs out of requests? That depends on the demon. :D

Most demons remark about you being boring and you auto-fail the negotiation. Note that this is expected to be a very rare result: most demons have huge negotiation decks and running them out of requests without hitting either max Approval or running them out of Patience should be pretty difficult.

However, a few demons will count running out of requests as a auto-win instead. This usually occurs with "good" demons (such as Zaltys, but also Angels, to use another example), where many of their requests are conditioned on mis-conduct on your part, such as attacking them or having abilities/allies they don't like. As a result, if you're already aligned with what they want to see, you wouldn't actually be able to see many of their requests... and it only makes sense that in this case, they'd decide to join you quite easily. :D

TLDR: Not a bug, but I need to explain what's going on here better in game. :) Thanks for the report regardless though: learning about something unclear is at least as important as learning about a bug.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports