Pathfinding

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Re: Pathfinding

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:39 pm

So I wanted to walk up a bit closer to those Pixies to apply guilt and pariah and snowy gnomes started hammering me. I was hoping that either hob with soothe/regeneration/devotion/draw wounds or Ninkasi with her starting heals and mending aura would keep me patched up but nope, they were just following me. I sent you save files right after taking that screenshot.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:36 pm

I'll look into this one ASAP: It sounds serious enough I will probably even push a build out when I get a fix, mostly because it's been reported a few times now, but I hadn't had luck reproing it. Thanks!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Should be able to look into this one when I get home tonight, by the by. (Tuesdays and Thrusdays are my busy nights unfortunately, so I couldn't peek at it yet.)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Oof, nice catch on the save file. 100% repro when I walk forward from the save point. Horrifying to see, quite frankly. :( This is a pretty major fail on the AI's part. Investigating now, and my apologies that it slipped into the game at all.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 am

...woo boy, this is going to be good. Apparently they uh... don't think they can see you.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 am

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN DID I REALLY FORGET A NOT THERE?!!? HOW THE HELL DID THIS EVER WORK? HOLY CRAP!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:44 am

...seriously, how has Demon been playable? Does no one else use pacifist healers? Wait, no, that's crazy, I always do! Holy crap.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 am

...yep. That's all it was. As soon as I added the missing not, Ninkasi and Hob immediately began acting as I'd have expected. Oof. That's probably one of the worst bugs I've ever let slip by me into live. And I still don't even know how the heck it was playable at all.

Well, I'll be pushing out the fix build soon. Investigating how it ever functioned properly is a mystery for after the fix for this mess is out.

(Out of gratitude, I am pointedly not investigating the Phoenix/link heal bug you also found :P That one is hardly critical and can wait for the next real build :P)

Thank you VERY much for the save file. This is a case where it was an absolute major help.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:07 am

Well, my builds were mostly ranged, it's hard to notice such things when you are not the one who's leading the charge. :D
Could they not see other demons though or was it only with summoners?
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 am

It was only affecting summoners: the check for allies is done afterwards (and I remembered the 'not' there)

They actually could see the summoner... but the check was checking "can I see the summoner" instead of "can I NOT see the summoner" before deciding whether it was important to move towards the player not and coming to the exact opposite conclusion I wanted. :(

I still don't know how it ever worked for anyone.
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports