Released Allies Appear as Dead

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Released Allies Appear as Dead

Postby UrbanGear » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:55 am

First, thank you very much for making this game, Ferret. I rather like the concept, and I especially like being able to just jump into the game rather than being stuck in mandatory tutorials *cough*Pokemon*cough*.

However, I did find something a little off with the game while playing it, moreso a cosmetic issue than a mechanical one. Basically, after a character dies, if the character has released some of their demons, they appear in the 'dead demons' list at the end. I just noticed it the last couple of times I played (I hadn't much needed to release demons before...); so I'm not sure about how often this happens and under what conditions it happens (though I did see it in both a natural death and a suicide). Again, it's not a big problem and could even be skipped around by just referring to the demons on the list as 'your past allies' or something along those lines, but I thought I should mention it. I apologize if this issue was addressed elsewhere and I just didn't see it.

Thanks!
UrbanGear

Re: Released Allies Appear as Dead

Postby Ferret » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:30 am

Hey! :D

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, and thanks for signing up for the forum. :) It's still a bit quiet here, so I appreciate when anyone's willing to go to the trouble of signing up in spite of that.

Thanks for the bug report too. :) The bug you reported actually happens 100% of the time: discarding is the same as killing as far as the code is concerned, so... yep, right into the "these guys died recently" list. :)

I'll fix this in the next build by excluding discards from being in the "coffin list". This also means you won't be able to revive them with a Spirit Chime... but, if you wanted them around, you probably shouldn't discard them, right? :D I'll let "sacrifices" (i.e.: demons you lose during negotiation or when using certain items...) stay on the list though: they did die, after all.

Thanks again for playing and for stopping by with the report. :) Cheers!
Ferret

Re: Released Allies Appear as Dead

Postby Ferret » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:50 pm

This should be fixed in the 9/10 build. :)
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports