Questionable priorities

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Questionable priorities

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:00 pm

1) So I just had my Gandayah waste all his SP on trying to heal himself with affection while being at ~20% of his hp and under infection debuff. Obviously he was restoring like 3-4hp per turn for the cost of 20SP and refused to use cleanse to get rid of the infection. While it is very reasonable to use healing ability on yourself while being low, shouldn't getting rid of a debuff that ruins your healing potential be the first priority?
2) This one if about Lilim, dreamstalker and how she was using the least efficient way of dealing damage to sleeping targets with full hp. So my Lilim has 10 strength and 25 magic, no melee physical attacks, 2 melee magic skills (void/leech touches). And she always attacks sleeping targets with her basic 55 melee power attack instead of using more powerful 70 power leech touch or 55 power void touch (that should be stronger than basic attack because her magic is 2.5 times higher than strength?). Description on the dreamstalker doesn't specify what kind of attack you should use to get 50% damage bonus so I assume magic attacks count. Her targets didn't have body/dark resistances or impact weakness either. So I guess she just enjoys punching sleeping demons instead of draining them? :)
oneeyedjoe

Re: Questionable priorities

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:05 pm

I will look into these for this build. :) Infection case is always a tricky one though: there are times when you might desperately need the 3-4 HP even at the cost of leaving the Infection on, but it's possible the weights need some tweaking.

The Lilim one is a trickier one. Only reason I can see it that you didn't cover would be if her SP was running low, she might be saving it for a later Leech Touch... but the SP costs on most of those are pretty low! Regardless, I'll take a look at it. :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Probably should add that Lilim has haunt and basically uses 50SP in one turn to get close and put target to sleep. But 50SP that left is more than enough to use any kind of touches.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Hmm.. that actually is important to know. Demons experience two levels of hesitancy about using SP:

1st level: SP below x2 the SP cost of the highest SP cost ability.
2nd level: SP below the SP cost of the highest SP cost ability.

Granted, these are only hesistencies, not outright forbids or anything. That said, Haunt is an ability that pushes the 1st level SPx2 threshold pretty high. I might need to adjust how much hesitancy that level causes, perhaps. It shouldn't be enough on its own to cause her to make bad choices on Dreamstalker damage.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 pm

If I will give her tireless, will it temporarily fix the problem?
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:25 pm

It mayyyy. :D I'm only guessing what possible issues are from work, this isn't based on a real code dive yet. :D If you can spare the Credits and don't mind trying it, I admit I'd be interested to know if it helps. :) Though, even 25 SP may not be enough to dig her out of the hole Haunt makes, even if it is SP related.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Ok copied on her tireless and upgraded leech touch to vampiric touch. She drained sleeping target, but more experimentations is required.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I should have mentioned the casting cost of a considered ability is checked when considering those SP thresholds. :D Vampiric over Leech probably made her slightly less likely to use the touch, but then again, Vampiric's higher damage should have cancelled that out to some degree or another. :D Either way, seems like it helped. :)
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:36 pm

...she just died to a squad of holy bmolas in anzu's sanctum. Welp, no more testing for now :lol:
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 pm

:D
Ferret

Next

Return to Bug Reports