Ghost chime doesn't work as intended

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Ghost chime doesn't work as intended

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:37 pm

It summons a random relic wrath, not copy of my character
oneeyedjoe

Re: Ghost chime doesn't work as intended

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi oneeyedjoe, and welcome to the forum!

Re: the bug: Crap, did I get the description wrong? :( *Mirror* chime summons a clone of your character, Ghost chime is in fact supposed to be a random wraith. I'll check the descriptions when I get home tonight. If Ghost Chime's was wrong, apologies for the inconvenience!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 am

As far as I can tell, Ghost Chime's description is correct. If you see it incorrect in game, please save off a copy of your save folder and let me know. Thanks!
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Whoops, nevermind me, apparently I read the wrong description :?
On somewhat related note: I was playing without internet connection yesterday and found out that wraiths can't spawn if you are offline. Tried to link with a demon, it required me to kill a bunch of enemies while working together, but floor was cleared already. So I tried to spawn a relic wraith via ghost chime, but because I was offline nothing spawned and I lost my item. I assume same happens if you search corpses. So maybe you should make it so instead of saying that "your chill goes away after a while" chimes and corpses would just spawn random demons instead.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:50 pm

In offline mode, attempts to spawn Relic Wraiths can only use your own record files: that raises the fail rate considerably. I didn't want to give the item back because I wasn't fond of the idea of people slamming the poor toaster server with "find me a Relic Wraith" requests in the case where they were online and there just happened to be no relevant ghosts. :D

But, spawning random monsters instead might be a nice compromise. :) I'll put it on the feature list: the current build is pretty slammed, but it will show up sometime after that. :D
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports