Charm bug

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Charm bug

Postby Marcus Aseth » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 am

Well, not sure if it should be considered a bug or if is a game design choice made on purpose, but if I kill all demons from one group except one, then I run away from it into another group of demons, then I Charm the dude from the first group who was following me in order to have him fight the second group of demons on my side, he doesn't do so, is like he doesn't see the other demons because they are not part of his original group.
Though from a charmed enemy, one would expect that he would just protects the summoner from any harm, regardless of small details and formalities like if he knew those other demons beforehand :roll:

That's why I've reported it as a bug.
Marcus Aseth

Re: Charm bug

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Hmm... it's possible that the Charmed demon simply didn't see the enemies yet himself, depending on the geography? Allies share information with each other about what they can see, but a Charmed demon isn't that much of an ally. I'll take a look though and see if there's anything suspicious in the code. :) Thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby Marcus Aseth » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Ferret wrote:Hmm... it's possible that the Charmed demon simply didn't see the enemies yet himself, depending on the geography?

pretty sure that wasn't the case, the opponent "group" was just 1 ice fish, therefore I kept moving until the gnome and the fish where adjacent to each other and then I charmed the gnome, but he never attacked the fish :S
Marcus Aseth

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Ah, okay. :) That does clarify things a bit: I'll see if I can figure out what's going on there. :) Thanks for the extra info :D
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports