Itty Bitty Baby Bug

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Re: Itty Bitty Baby Bug

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't worry, I am not asking to rush the update just because of this :D And the mechanic is very useful. I only wish that game would do some calculations before warning you about your inevitable doom tho, because sometimes there's no way you are going to die from DoT, but game just doesn't care. In some cases, game doesn't even allow you to summon demon on low hp with DoT debuffs on them. But what if I have quick summon+heal gem ready for them? Nope, game doesn't care, one of your allies is on the verge of death :cry:
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:18 am

Yeah, I can probably at least make the calculation a bit more accurate. :) Right now it's pretty much "if you have critical HP and a damage over time effect, throw a fit" :D

Never occurred to me someone would want to summon a 1 HP demon w/ Quick Summon. I think I'll save that (possible?) change for another day though... I've already been fighting off the temptation to table all bug fixes for another build and just release the content when it's done, but that's a bad road to start down. :P
Ferret

Postby Remora » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:45 pm

I encountered a similar error last night.

It wasn't much of a problem, though, and nothing else was out of the ordinary at the time.
Remora

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:49 am

Wait, that's not similar at all. :P Crud! If that happens again, can you save a Zip of the Save directory? :D That's an auto explore bug. Not a serious one by the sound of the matter, but I'd still like to know more. :D Thanks!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:48 am

As part of my changes to this, I'm making it considerably more accurate.

You will now only receive this warning if a member of the active party is within 4 turns or less of dying at their current regenerate rate. In essence, this means you will see this message far less than you used to.

That said, when you do see it, it means Business. :P

I picked 4 for a perfectly cromulent reason, if you're curious: If you don't notice until the first warning what your situation is, 4 turns lets you unsummon a guy, summon a healer who can fix it, and gives them a turn to do so. Of course, you only need that for rescuing the summoner: anyone else you can just unsummon.

I still be changing it allow you to take one step/turn when using mouse methods of auto-travel/explore/rest, just like keyboard ones do, so you'll be free to "argue" if you wish, but given the much improved accuracy of the warning, I'd be wary of doing so lightly. :P
Ferret

Previous

Return to Bug Reports