Searching Corpses sometimes gives no message

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Searching Corpses sometimes gives no message

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:49 am

As in, I don't even get the 'But find nothing of Interest' message. Just 'You search the corpse...' corpse disappears, that's all. I'm still rolling in loads of free abilities, loot, etc so this is probably just a failure to print the message.

(possibly only in anomaly)
wizzzargh

Re: Searching Corpses sometimes gives no message

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:13 am

I'll look into this while I'm in bug fix mode here. :) Thanks!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:53 am

Couldn't get a repro on this (including in Anomaly), and I have 2 critical bug fixes pending for the 12/12 build, so I've had to table this for now since it seems unsevere and is eluding me at the moment.

I did take a look at the corpse search code and found 2 very unusual cases that could have resulted in no message at all printing (in both cases, they would happen if it tried to spawn monsters and literally came up with 0 monsters... but that shouldn't be possible, and wasn't in my testing at least.)

I'll give this one another look post 12/12. Any further repro tips will be helpful, but since I suspect it is tied to one of the rarer corpse search results if what I did didn't fix it already, I suspect it will be one of our more elusive friends.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:57 am

Ah, check that. I found it, forgot a null check: this bug would indeed happen anytime any attempt to find a demon failed to produce a result. This is a very rare, but not impossible, thing. Fixed in 12/12, and thank you. :D
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports