Storm heart

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Storm heart

Postby deforbital » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi all,

Ferret- this is a great game, thanks for the hard work!

I managed to copy storm heart from a Charged Faerie on a Mind/Electricity/OrbOfPower build. When I cast storm strike on an enemy the first time it costs me 25 sp; i call it again expecting the sp required to go down by 5... but it still consumes 25 sp. Am I misreading the text or is this a bug?

Thanks!
deforbital

Re: Storm heart

Postby Ferret » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi deforbital :D Welcome to the forums, and thank you for the kind words. :D

The normal casting cost of Storm Strike is 30 SP. 25 SP properly reflects the 5 SP discount Storm Strike gives you when using Electricity abilities consecutively. (The discount does not increase for each consecutive ability, if that's what you were expecting. Just one 5 SP discount if your immediately prior ability use was Electricity based.)

I can see how the wording might be confusing though: to a minimum of 0 may make it sound like it keeps going to 0, when I actually only wanted it mean "it won't make an ability have a negative SP cost. I'll clean it up a bit in the next build, and the other two Heart abilities too. :)

Thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby mbj » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:04 am

Having abilities or passives that continually winds up and get better with each use could be interesting. That'd be great to spam lightning attacks and eventually shoot them for free. Actually that sounds horrible on ranged enemies, but still.
mbj

Postby Ferret » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Yeah, it's not a bad idea for a mechanic. :D It could get scary in some cases, but I think I could find some fun ones.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Blight goes up by +8 Power per debuff, maybe something similar could exist but for 'prior consecutive attacks of X element'

As for SP reduction, well, Ukobach and Fotia kinda try to do that anyway with Warmth and Bask, and even Aeras try the same with Galvanize.
Funny story, they're probably my top 3 dangerous ranged enemies (light packs are a contender too but that has more to do with smite targeting than the topic).
wizzzargh

Return to Bug Reports