Useless ability alert

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Useless ability alert

Postby Gaswafers » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:49 am

I just saw a Profane Zar with Quiet Prayer and Dark Omen as its added abilities. If there's suppose to already be measures in place to prevent this, maybe the cooldown on Yellow Whisper is confusing the ability generator.
Gaswafers

Re: Useless ability alert

Postby Ferret » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:05 am

Technically... the best kind of correct! :P ... Quiet Prayer can also have secondary effects even if you use it without Light or Dark cooldown to recover.,,, but I admit this is probably a bad idea in most cases though, which makes it a rather iffy Dark Omen pairing to say the least.

This is a tricky case not really well covered by the current code for assigning modifier abilities. Usually you only have to be careful of giving passives out without matching type actives for them to support, but Quiet Prayer is a case where you need an active based on a cooldown, not based on a type. Mantra and Martyrdom also probably can run afoul of similar issues.

I'll have to think on this one a bit, with apologies. The only quick solutions would be a significant clunking up of the works, or special casing, and I don't like either of those ideas. My brain power's pretty heavily focused on ghost implementation at the moment (I'm even letting that awesome save file of the Swiftness bug geminimax sent me wait for a bit and I HATE that bug!)

I will think of a way to resolve this, but given the current dev load + rarity of the bug + relative non-severity, it may have to wait until the build after the ghost one.

Thanks for the report though, this is a good catch. :)
Ferret

Re: Useless ability alert

Postby mbj » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 am

Useless for a Zar but maybe not useless for a summoner or his demons
mbj

Return to Bug Reports