The good ol' swiftness bug

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

The good ol' swiftness bug

Postby geminimax » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:08 am

It is happening again.

It is happening again.

Ok, enough of Twin Peaks references. I don't remember anything in particular that might have triggered the bug, but i do have a cool savefile where you can play autoexplore tag with your demons and always win. Don't know if that helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/545acptkujj37 ... d.zip?dl=0
geminimax

Re: The good ol' swiftness bug

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 am

This could be a huge help. :D I'll check it out in the morning, and thank you! :D
Ferret

Postby geminimax » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:15 am

I think this bug happens when you manually explore with swiftness and then proceed to autoexplore.
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:58 am

Wiz said something similar recently too. I've gotten delayed a bit on looking into this, but I have hopes this will be the time I finally manage to stomp it out. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Ah ha! Found it. :D

The Player's tracking still "remembers" that Zombie hanging out in the upper-right corner. Thus, he considers himself in combat... which means "keep party together" mechanics are not allowed to engage.

For this to happen, you would need to encounter and retreat from an enemy, without encountering and killing any other enemy before trying to use quick travel of some kind again (characters only remember one enemy at a time, so if you met and killed something else, you would end up with no memory of enemies and be able to quick travel properly.)

I think the fix I will try for this is to limit the distance a memory is valid. I don't want to clear memory immediately upon leaving LoS: the whole point is so that characters can pursue out of sight enemies. :D (If this seems like it'd be irrelevant for the player, I should point out that demon AI is group based with leaders making most group decisions like where to travel to, thus your summoned allies rely on the tracking attached to the player to determine their movement.) But, I probably should set a way for a memory to be given up on (particularly for the player, since unlike actual AIs, the player may not necessarily be even trying to investigate a remembered enemy.)

Not sure exactly what shape the fix will take yet, but I'm working on it. :) Thanks again for the save file geminimax, and wiz and everyone else for the many reports. :D We're finally closing in on a fix now, I think.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Well, my fixes the bug in your save file... time to do a bit more testing and see if anything else broke and to confirm I can't get it to happen by triggering it on my own again, but this is looking promising. :)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 pm

It's possible I'm being a little generous with my fix, but it does solve the problem. :D This shouldn't happen anymore after the next build.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports