Infinite Loop With Chaos Link Failure

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Infinite Loop With Chaos Link Failure

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:29 am

Actually ended up killing this save- I quit and rebooted until the Gi missed the Chaos, but then a Fotia appeared, ignited the Chaos, and then with Chaos dying of Ignite damage before I got a turn, I couldn't use half-turn RNG resets to get out of the loop.

Also, to bring up that tenacious 'occasionally auto-exploring faster than your team bug,' let it be known that I once again started running ahead of my team with Swiftness in Anomaly during autoexplore. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or what, but it does seem like one of the obscure trigger conditions it has must be anomaly related...
wizzzargh

Re: Infinite Loop With Chaos Link Failure

Postby Ferret » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:24 am

Re: Chaos bug. Ugh. Ugly bug is ugly! Thanks for the report! Do you still have this save file, by any chance? It isn't reproing for me locally and I don't see anything outwardly weird in the related code yet. :(

Being in Anomaly shouldn't matter for auto-explore, but nothing else I've tried to find that bug has worked, so I will look into that too.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:56 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQZxY ... sp=sharing

this should be the save

As for the elusive and intermittent autoexplore bug, I was wondering if it could have something to do with the player not slowing down for healing + the demons picking a different pathfinding route around columns?
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Awesome! Hopefully with the save I can pin this down: I tried several times since my last post and still got nowhere reproing it on my own.

The healing bit is a good thought... maybe I should just have auto-explore start with a rest if a rest is required? It's the sane thing to do anyway. But, that may not even be a problem, though it is a good avenue to explore. :D Thanks again, and I'm sorry the bug mucked up your run.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Ah ha! It only happens with a Chaos that has the (new as of last build) Full Power passive :P Such as the Charged Nero you were linking with. :D :D Fixed! Thank you very much. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:10 pm

I'll be PMing you a save file zip shortly. With a little luck, it *should* run in your current build with no problems. :D Thanks again for the report and save file.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Though you saved my game and I did quite well, I then donated all my HP to a Ruler while in range of 2 Jinn and then tried walking away. Please remove the 'playing while half-asleep after midnight' bug, it has killed quite a few of my characters
wizzzargh

Return to Bug Reports