Leadership Bug

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Leadership Bug

Postby ayayaya » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Leadership can cause enemy turns to accelerate, judging from how often I see the text "The XXX leaps into action!" whenever I trigger Leadership and XXX is an enemy.
ayayaya

Re: Leadership Bug

Postby Ferret » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Well that's dismaying! I'll look into it and see what's going on. :o Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Ah ha. :D An error in ferret logic.

Some time ago, to fix an AI bug where the computer was using Inspire type effects in silly situations, I caused any such effect to evaluate to 0 if the target's last action was a Basic Move.

...but I made this check happen in such a way that it actually does this even if the target is an enemy.

Normally, that'd be fine: the AI has no real interest in a 0 move and will never *choose* to do one. But, "random effect" logic, like Leadership's untargeted proc, will allow a 0 eval to go through... and it is worth noting that a 0 eval does not mean "no effect" necessarily. Indeed, this would probably often cause monsters who had just moved into range to get a free turn. mutter. :(

Well, it's fixed now. :P Thanks again for the report!
Ferret

Postby ayayaya » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Seems like there's a similar bug with Discharge.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 pm

A different, yet similar bug. Fixed. :D But.. I wonder how this went for so long without being caught, Emit Sparks apparently had it too and has been around for awhile! :O
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports