Bug Reports- Version 3/22/2016

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Bug Reports- Version 3/22/2016

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:55 am

Coupla bugs

1- the game quit unexpectedly upon first startup, but was absolutely fine after that. That's probably not even worth worrying about but I thought I'd mention it while I'm here.

2- there seems to be some line of sight issues when it comes to terrain- I had a couple of times where a demon 'spotted an enemy' but that demon was waaay in back and definitely couldn't see anything, though other demons maybe could(no red dots appeared iirc either in these weird cases). Also, a faerie managed to hurl an Ember Burst through a wall, which seems possibly related

3- Shojo negotiation is HELLA bugged- the game froze upon opening the negotiation screen and the negotiations were, well...

Oh, another thing I thought I'd mention as a possible AI bug
Some Barbegazi fighting Turdak decided to use punches instead of Cryopulses. Turdak had been made Chthonic so he resisted everything they did, but it made me wonder- should they have been smart enough to realize auto-hitting and Frost-Armor-triggering Cryopulse was superior, or were they just conserving SP since none of their options were good?
wizzzargh

Re: Bug Reports- Version 3/22/2016

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:08 am

I'll look into the line of sight thing... I feel like I've seen this a few times myself maybe, but always wrote it off due to the monster moving out of the ally's LoS after being spotted (which still, correctly, triggers the warning). The Ember Burst isn't writable offable though. :P Something's definitely a little off there.

Shojo negotiation's bug is Unity's classic "imma gonna disconnect this prefab and see if you notice" BS. :( In this case, Shojo lost his "personality"... which is kind of important for negotiation, since it determines what set of dialogue they use. :P The blob stuff came up presumably because your last negotiation was with a blob. :D

I'll fix the Shojo thing in a 3/23 build early tomorrow. It will be save file compatible, so you can wait and switch if you like, will try to do it as early tomorrow as possible.

LoS will probably sit for a bit, I'll need to figure out what's going on before I can act on that, and I don't want the Shojo bug out there while I do it. :P Granted, there's only about 4 players who will ever even see a Shojo, but... :P

Anyway, thanks for the quick bug reports. :D There's a reason I've started waiting 24-48 hours before I make wide announcements of new versions. :D It's pretty handy having players who play new versions quickly and report bugs. :D Thank you very much!
Ferret

Re: Bug Reports- Version 3/22/2016

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:14 am

Oh, and re: Barb, yeah, at 20 SP a pop, they may have decided Cyropulse + Frost Armor wasn't worth it. Also: physical resistance is in general less effective than elemental resistance, so even though Turdak could resist both, the physical resistance is less effective.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports