Glitchy graphics?

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Glitchy graphics?

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:38 am

I don't know if it has been a problem in game for anyone else or not, so I'm asking. :D

Has anyone else occasionally or even frequently seen graphical oddities, like random stray pixels, missing tops of ability icons, etc?

I knew for awhile that this sometimes (oddly) happened with some methods of taking screenshots on some systems... which is why I've never asked wizzzargh about it even though I have seen signs of it in many of his screenshots.

But, I recently have discovered it may have been happening in game too for some people.

At any rate, I *think*, after an epic 8 hour battle with shaders, that I might have fixed this. :P So, if anyone here was seeing it, particularly in game, please let me know if you'd be willing to test a possible fix. :D Thanks!
Ferret

Re: Glitchy graphics?

Postby mbj » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:03 am

I don't remember any graphical glitches on recent builds. Maybe you fixed the problem?
mbj

Postby Ferret » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 am

I haven't seen any in any screenshots lately, so I'm hoping so. :D
Ferret

Postby ayayaya » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Here are two graphical bugs I encountered in the April 12th build:

Chunk of wall that should not be visible.

Random green speck.
ayayaya

Postby Ferret » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:44 pm

While I agree they look buggy... I think in this case, both of those are a consequence of how I handled connecting walls. In both cases, there are floors on the other side of the "glitches" which cause those tiles to be selected with walls on both sides... which of course are visible even if you can only see them from one side. Boo. Thanks for the report though, maybe I can adjust the generation algorithms to not make layouts where this happens... hmm.
Ferret

Return to Bug Reports