Experimental Build 1b (5/18/2017)

Announcements, feedback, suggestions, and bug reports related to Experimental Build 1.

Experimental Build 1b (5/18/2017)

Postby Ferret » Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Here's the link! https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

And here's the change log:

Code: Select all

Updates, 5/18/2017 (Experimental Build 1)

Balance
  - Ember Burst now has a longer duration, higher SP cost, and reduced
    success rate.
  - Combust now has a shorter cooldown.

AI
  - Drastically increased the value the AI places on removing Panic, Sleep
    and Charm from friendly Summoners.
  - Regen should no longer be used by the AI when a target is Infected.
  - Haunt should no longer be used on non-kill targets when a kill target
    has been given.

UI
  - Pressing . or 5 on the numpad now (with Num Lock on) passes for a full
    turn, instead of half a turn. If you hold Ctrl, you pass for half a
    turn instead. 

Bug Fixes
  - Fixed a bug where Eternal Glory did not work properly for Summoners
    after the introduction of Relic Preservation. 
  - The Summon button should no longer glow during "Heroic Pair" links.
  - Stumbling uselessly while Panicked now takes a full turn again instead
    of a half turn.

Not actually a huge number of changes in this update. For all that I considered this to be a wild and crazy experiment, things seem to largely be working out okay? :D I'm sure there will be other adjustments to make, maybe even sizable ones, but given the game itself is in alpha still, I don't feel the need to keep incomplete/lightly tested changes in the experimental box too long so long as they're working to a reasonable degree, which seems to be the case here.
Ferret

Re: Experimental Build 1b (5/18/2017)

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 pm

I transferred my save file from previous EB and it seems to be compatible. I can see new sprites and some descriptions changed. However, healers still overuse regeneration.
Example 1: Summoner is almost at full health, healer and second demon too, but the third one is in red. Healer uses regeneration on the summoner instead of healing demon in red. (He had enough SP and Affliction skill so no problems except prioritizing).
Example 2: Summoner gets charmed, is in melee range with allies and ready to dispense pain. What healer does first? Right, he casts regeneration. On a demon with 80%+ HP. What next? Regeneration. Oh look, summoner almost killed one of his allies, what healer should do? You guessed it, regeneration. And then charm wears off on its own. :lol:
oneeyedjoe

Re: Experimental Build 1b (5/18/2017)

Postby Ferret » Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Yeah, saves should be fully compatible, nothing serious changed. :)

Re: Regen AI. Geez, seriously? I gave using Calm on a summoner an x100 modifier! What the heck? :D Well, I'll keep digging at it, I have no idea how Regen keeps getting such crazy high numbers that it can be that. (x100 is a seriously huge modifier in Demon AI terms. Most things are more like x2 or x3!)

I did identify one other problem though... Regen had an odd AI before where the AI preferred to "avoid" nearly dead targets since 3.5%/turn was unlikely to do much for them. Of course now that's it 10%, it may well make the difference in many more cases, so I should probably change that so it's less likely to ignore low health targets.
Ferret

Return to Experimental Build 1