Experimental Build 1: Power Up

Announcements, feedback, suggestions, and bug reports related to Experimental Build 1.

Re: Experimental Build 1: Power Up

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am

That infection buffs seems quite nasty. I would usually not care to get a demon to cleanse infection but with this buff to it, it seems really nasty.
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby Saler » Mon May 08, 2017 12:58 pm

How will instant kills interact with this? Will they always hit once you're at 1 HP?
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Yeah, if you're a summoner at 1 HP, every insta-kill under the sun will be able to hit you, similar to how it works w/ Diehard now.

As for Phoenix: don't worry, if needed, I'll make adjustments to things like capture mechanics. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon May 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Almost ready, btw. :D Just a few little bugs related to the changes to iron out.

Note that as an experimental build, the focus has been entirely on the mechanics related to the experiment: no other bugs have been addressed unless I happened to be in the neighborhood.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu May 11, 2017 1:11 am

Barring unforeseen issues, I should be ready to release this tomorrow. :D

I did, however, make one other change that may turn out to be a bigger deal than all the rest.

I halved the turn cost on Basic Move, Basic Pass, and Dash.

Usually when I make decisions, I think about them a fair bit (probably too much), then finally do something. This one is a rarer FerretDev instinct thing. We'll see how screwed up it makes things. :P
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu May 11, 2017 5:07 am

Ferret wrote:I halved the turn cost on Basic Move, Basic Pass, and Dash.

At first I thought you were crazy, but thinking about how much I complain about all the time to buff and throw projectiles, this might actually be genius. Then again, it will surely make it even easier to escape from enemies...

I'll do my best to exploit this mercilessly and report back soon
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 am

I may still be crazy, but we'll see soon enough.

I'll throw this out there too though: Demon has almost always come out of things better when I break roguelike conventions that I blindly adopted at the beginning without putting enough thought into them. 1 move time == 1 action time is certainly one of those. :)
Ferret

Postby Bormoth » Sun May 14, 2017 7:29 am

Ferret wrote:I may still be crazy, but we'll see soon enough.

I'll throw this out there too though: Demon has almost always come out of things better when I break roguelike conventions that I blindly adopted at the beginning without putting enough thought into them. 1 move time == 1 action time is certainly one of those. :)

Would it be possible to make visible your character(energy or what you use to calculate when turn comes) and enmies when you examine them. Would be useful to know who's turn comes first. It is usually no big deal not to know this currently, but sometimes might become a problem, especially if damages are planned to be higher.
Bormoth

Previous

Return to Experimental Build 1